A Puppy Saved From A Fire Becomes A Firefighter

Such a sweet pup. At just three weeks old, Jake found himself engulfed in flames in a shed that had been set on fire. The pup was saved by a local firefighter, Bill Lindler, but he was severely burned. 75 percent of the pup’s body was destroyed, including the pads on his paws.

He was eventually left at the vet’s office since his owners couldn’t afford to pay for his treatment. One bright spot for this burnt-scarred pup is that the same firefighter who saved him from certain death also decided to adopt him after hearing the news.

Jake’s recovery was aided by the caring environment of the Hanahan Fire Department. The Fire Department’s official mascot is now a smart dog who visits schools to teach students about fire safety and what to do in an emergency.

He even has a badge to prove it. As Lindler revealed to Bored Panda, a therapy dog is no longer in the cards for Jake, who is instead being trained to be an arson detection canine.